Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery COVID-19 Plan 3/23/20
Things have changed rapidly since our last guidance. Our priorities remain the health and safety of our patients, staff, and our families. In addition, since we now have community spread in San Antonio, we must also consider our neighbors. We remain open and continue to innovate and try new ways to care for our patients.
- If you have a fever, cold, cough, or flu-like symptoms YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE OFFICE. Please do not come in and call or text the office at 210-499-5900 if you are not feeling well.
- If you have a scheduled routine 3 months, 6 months, or annual follow up, we are postponing your appointment until the Pandemic is clear.
- Please come in EXACTLY at your appointed time and we ask that you do not bring anyone else with you. We are trying to control the number of people in our reception area so that we can maintain social distancing. To request an exception to this rule, please contact the office at least a day before your appointment. When you have surgery, the hospitals are no longer allowing visitors. You may call or video chat when in the office with anyone you would like to be involved in your care.
- Please download and return by FAX or email any forms needed prior to your visit. You can find the New Patient Forms here.
- Until the Pandemic has cleared, we are waiving the $25 cancellation fee. Please do us the courtesy of calling to let us know that you will not be coming in.
- We are now POSTPONING all elective surgeries. Basically, anything that involves using a scalpel will be postponed unless urgent. This postponement is based on federal, Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, and the American Society of Plastic Surgery recommendations. The general guideline is that if the delay will not adversely affect your health it is safe to postpone. We will continue to operate if patients have cancer, infections, or are at risk of infection if we do not operate. This plan will be re-evaluated weekly, but it is our feeling that elective surgery at this time is irresponsible and can unnecessarily put our neighbors at risk of not having important life-saving supplies available should they become sick.
- At this point, we are NOT postponing non-invasive treatments. Patients have asked us to continue because they can recover from any bruising while staying at home anyway. We are evaluating whether or not to perform these procedures on a case by case basis daily. If you have any questions, please call or text our office at 210-499-5900.
- We are moving forward with plans to allow our staff to work remotely so our office hours and office availability will be shortened.
- Payments will be processed through our SR Pay app to allow you to pay any outstanding payments and fees electronically.
- We are one of the few Plastic Surgery practices worldwide with the ability to use AI and telemedicine to perform consultations and evaluations. If you are interested in a Virtual Visit, please visit our Contact Us page on our website for directions on how to proceed.
Our goal remains that no one contracts COVID-19 by visiting our office. This Pandemic will end, but without aggressive measures, it will linger longer than it has to. We urge all of you to perform frequent hand washing, safe distancing and stay home even if you are not sick.
We have added a new page to our website to keep patients up to date on our COVID-19 plans, www.DrKoneru.com/COVID-19. You will also find updates by following our Facebook Page and Twitter Page. Interesting clinical posts can be found on our Instagram and Pinterest.