Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery COVID-19 Plan 4/17/20
We remain open for urgent issues and continue to innovate and try new ways to care for our patients. Next week we plan to switch to a new program for our online consultations and begin online scheduling.
- If you have a fever, cold, cough, or flu-like symptoms YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE OFFICE. Please do not come in and call the office if you are not feeling well.
- The Governor announced today that he is relaxing the ban on elective surgery, but as I read the official Executive Order, there is a lot of legal gobbledygook. We are not making any firm plans for scheduling until we receive official guidance from the Texas Medical Board. This guidance is anticipated by Monday, April 20th.
- For those who have an in-office appointment, please come in EXACTLY at your appointed time and we ask that you do not bring anyone else with you. When you have surgery, the hospitals are not allowing visitors. You may call or video chat when in the office with anyone you would like to be involved in your care.
- Please download and return by FAX or email any forms needed prior to your visit. You can find the New Patient Forms here.
- We are tentatively scheduling surgery for May, but this may change after the TMB releases guidelines.
- We are working remotely as much as possible and we seem to have overcome most IT issues.
- We continue to collect contactless payments. You may either call the office with your credit card number or ask to use our SR Pay feature to enter with your cellphone.
- We are one of the few Plastic Surgery practices worldwide with the ability to use AI and telemedicine to perform consultations and evaluations. If you or a friend are interested in a Virtual Visit, please visit the COVID-19 page on our website for directions on how to proceed. I think it is likely that we will continue with this in the near future.
- Even if the restrictions are significantly lifted, my opinion is that all those over 65 should still put off elective surgery for now. The risk of COVID-19 is generally higher than the risk of not operating.
- For the next few months, we expect to have expanded office hours and see fewer patients in the office. We will be cleaning after each patient so don’t be surprised if you smell a lot of bleach – it’s not my cologne. Our staff will continue to wear masks and we ask you to do the same. We will also use gloves as appropriate so that we can maintain an adequate supply. I have big hands, and right now we cannot get my regular gloves. Once the ban is officially lifted, I will let you know our in-office plans in greater detail.
- For many of you, your Botox may have worn off by now. We will get back to injecting very soon and have plans for special pricing for Botox. I’m thinking of calling it a Cotox special?
Our goal remains that no one contracts COVID-19 by visiting our office. We urge all of you to perform frequent hand washing, safe distancing, wear masks, and stay home as much as possible.
We have added a new page to our website to keep patients up to date on our COVID-19 plans, www.DrKoneru.com/COVID-19. You will also find updates by following our Facebook Page and Twitter Page. Interesting clinical posts can be found on our Instagram and Pinterest.