Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery COVID-19 Plan 4/6/20
We remain open for urgent issues and continue to innovate and try new ways to care for our patients. This can be somewhat difficult due to IT issues. Please be patient as we work through these issues.
- If you have a fever, cold, cough, or flu-like symptoms YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE OFFICE. Please do not come in and call the office if you are not feeling well.
- If you have a scheduled routine follow up, we are postponing your appointment until the Pandemic is clear.
- Please come in EXACTLY at your appointed time and we ask that you do not bring anyone else with you. We are trying to control the number of people in our reception area so that we can maintain social distancing. To request an exception to this rule, please contact the office at least a day before your appointment. When you have surgery, the hospitals are no longer allowing visitors. You may call or video chat when in the office with anyone you would like to be involved in your care.
- Please download and return by FAX or email any forms needed prior to your visit. You can find the New Patient Forms here.
- Until the Pandemic has cleared, we are waiving the $25 cancellation fee. Please do us the courtesy of calling to let us know that you will not be coming in.
- We are now POSTPONING all procedures unless it is an emergency. The general guideline is that if the delay will not adversely affect your health it is safe to postpone. We will continue to operate if patients have infections, or are at risk of infection if we do not operate. This plan will be re-evaluated weekly, but it is our feeling that elective surgery at this time is irresponsible and can unnecessarily put our neighbors at risk of not having important life-saving supplies available should they become sick. We are tentatively scheduling surgery for May but do not expect to be allowed to operate until June for sure.
- Our office staff are working remotely as much as possible, so our office hours and office availability will be shortened and may be erratic. Please be patient as we work through the IT issues.
- Payments will be processed through our SR Pay app to allow you to pay any outstanding payments and fees electronically.
- We are one of the few Plastic Surgery practices worldwide with the ability to use AI and telemedicine to perform consultations and evaluations. If you or a friend are interested in a Virtual Visit, please visit the COVID-19 page on our website for directions on how to proceed. We are currently experimenting with different platforms to find the best solution for us, so please be patient.
- Last week I sent out an email and posted on Instagram information about wearing masks to help slow the spread. The CDC has listened and has now recommended the use of cloth masks as well. Please try to wear a cloth mask if you must go out.
- We will be closed for Good Friday (April 10, 2020).
Our goal remains that no one contracts COVID-19 by visiting our office. We urge all of you to perform frequent hand washing, safe distancing, wear masks, and stay home even if you are not sick.
We have added a new page to our website to keep patients up to date on our COVID-19 plans, www.DrKoneru.com/COVID-19. You will also find updates by following our Facebook Page and Twitter Page. Interesting clinical posts can be found on our Instagram and Pinterest.