A Brazilian Butt Lift is a body contouring procedure that usually uses a patient’s own unwanted fat to enhance the size, curvature, and projection of the buttocks. Having a rounder, voluminous bottom is one of today’s latest trends, thanks to celebrities, reality TV stars, and social media personalities. However, obtaining this iconic look isn’t always easy to achieve. For some, dieting and exercising alone may not be enough. Thankfully, Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery offers a BBL treatment that makes it easier to achieve ideal contours for the butt while eliminating fat in key areas of the body. It is a safer, natural alternative to butt augmentation with implants. In addition to using your own fat, there are fewer adverse risk reactions and no need for large incisions. 
BBL treatments are becoming the preferred choice among patients and surgeons. That is why Dr. Suresh Koneru is pleased to offer this treatment to patients living in the San Antonio area. A procedure with Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery offers patients the opportunity to achieve optimal, long-lasting contours that can be enjoyed for years.
- 1 About Brazilian Butt Lift
- 2 Benefits
- 3 Butt Augmentation Alternatives
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation with Dr. Koneru
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 11 Cost of a Brazilian Butt Lift in San Antonio
- 12 FAQ
- 13 References
About Brazilian Butt Lift
BBL treatments performed in the United States were initially met with some caution. Before the 1990s, the primary way of adding volume to the butt was with implants. Most doctors performing a BBL at the time were hesitant to inject more than 10ml  of fat or the equivalent of 2 teaspoons in one procedure. However, later in the 90s, interest in BBL treatments surged among patients and surgeons. The advancement in technology, numerous medical studies, and a better understanding of human anatomy allowed the treatment to be fine-tuned to offer a safer experience and a highly effective procedure.
Patients opt for BBL treatments because it gives them a chance to makeover multiple areas of the body. It’s a highly customizable process that removes fat with a cannula from common areas such as the abdomen, legs, thighs, and back. The donor fat is processed and placed at various points on the buttocks to provide a more dramatic, rounder appearance. 
A Brazilian butt lift is a powerful treatment that combines liposuction with fat grafting procedures. By the end of your treatment, you will see complementary curves for your bottom and body!
Patients in the San Antonio area will also see these exciting improvements:
- Enhanced volume, curvature, and projection of the buttocks
- Accomplish a desirable hourglass figure
- Enjoy long-term, natural-looking results
- A standard recovery period of up to two weeks
Butt Augmentation Alternatives
Advanced Concepts in Plastic Surgery offers other ways to achieve a more attractive rear-view.
Non-Surgical Butt Lift
For patients that don’t have adequate donor fat for a traditional Brazilian Butt Lift, or are interested in a non-surgical way to enhance their buttocks. Dr. Koneru can use strategically placed injections of fillers such as Sculptra or Renuva. Sculptra is composed of Poly-L-lactic acid, a biocompatible material that stimulates the body’s production of collagen for firmer, more voluminous skin.
Renuva is an FDA-approved adipose allograft injectable that contains essential collagens, growth factors and proteins that allow your body to produce new fat cells and blood vessels. In the months following your Renuva injections, this injectable will gradually enhance the volume of the butt for a subtle effect that can also smooth out unwanted dimpling.
This surgery adjusts the fat that’s already in your butt to make it curvier. Dr. Koneru creates flaps of fatty tissue that get “tucked” where they are needed to boost each buttock. When the incisions are closed, the entire butt is lifted for better volume and projection.
BBL is a helpful treatment for male and female patients wanting to accentuate their contours in all the right places without implants.
Ideal Candidates for a Brazilian Butt Lift Should:
- Not have underlying health problems
- Be at or near an ideal BMI 
- Have trouble achieving a desired aesthetic alone
- Be a non-smoker or willing to stop for a few months
- Have ample fat to remove from donor areas
- Have a desire to make positive changes to their body with a minimally invasive procedure
Personal Consultation with Dr. Koneru
For over 25 years, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suresh Koneru has delivered rewarding results to the people of San Antonio. His skills, experience, and outstanding patient care have led him to be one of the most recognized plastic surgeons in the country.
The first step in obtaining a bountiful bottom is to book an initial consultation meeting. During the session, Dr. Koneru will examine your buttocks and identify where to extract troublesome fat. Then, he’ll ask you to divulge important medical history and any medication intake that will help him develop a treatment plan. Finally, if he feels you will benefit from this treatment, he will review the step-by-step process with you, including other helpful treatments that can be included with your BBL surgery. Once your treatment plan has been discussed, you’ll receive a personalized list of pre-surgery instructions to complete before you come in for your appointment.
Call our office at (210) 499-5900 to schedule your appointment today. Or, you can book a virtual appointment. Just fill out the necessary information, and we’ll contact you to set up an online meeting.
Only a few instructions need to be completed before you come into the office. Dr. Koneru will advise you to:
- Give smoking a break: Cigarettes prevent blood from flowing normally and may interfere with the course of your recovery.
- Stop certain medications: Medicines such as ibuprofen, blood-thinners, and similar drugs will need to be paused prior to surgery.
- Schedule 1-2 weeks of recovery time: Plan on taking time off from work.
- Have someone give you a ride home: Have a close friend or trusted adult drive you home after surgery.
Fast Recovery After Plastic Surgery (FRAPS)
Since 2017, we have adopted a recovery protocol known as Fast Recovery After Plastic Surgery (FRAPS). It is modeled after the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) developed in Europe to optimize the pre-surgical, surgical, and recovery process. Dr. Koneru will share more information on these measures during your consultation.
Your comfort level will be safeguarded under anesthesia when performing a Brazilian butt lift. Dr. Koneru will first make a tiny incision and inject tumescent fluid into the donor area. The fluid, a helpful combination of saline, lidocaine, and epinephrine, will cause the fat cells to swell so they can easily be removed from the body. Next, Dr. Koneru will clear out the fat with a slender tube from each treatment area. Once the appropriate amount of fat is extracted, it will be processed to purify it and remove unnecessary fluids. After it’s been purified, the fat will be safely injected in various locations in each buttock Your treatment is an outpatient procedure, so you will be allowed to go home after surgery.
After your surgery, the treated areas are wrapped in a compression garment to protect the integrity of your new contours. Common post-surgical symptoms include swelling, bruising, and mild discomfort. You can reduce these feelings by taking the prescribed medications. Dr. Koneru will tell you to minimize pressure on the buttocks for the first 2-4 weeks. This means no prolonged sitting or resting on your back. You can return to work 1-2 weeks after your treatment, but will still need to avoid applying pressure on your buttocks. Strenuous activities can be resumed in 6-8 weeks.
Your new contours will take shape and soften once the post-treatment symptoms subside over the next few weeks. You can enjoy the natural-looking butt contours and defined body for ten years or more as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Clinical studies usually show BBL often scores high patient satisfaction scores. About 97% of participants were satisfied with their results. 
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Besides a Brazilian butt lift, Dr. Koneru offers other body contouring methods. When we meet for your initial consultation, we may also discuss:
- Tummy Tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, this treatment contours and reshapes the abdomen profile by surgically excising surplus skin and fat, repairing the abdominal wall, and pulling the remaining skin tight. At the end of their recovery, patients will see a firmer, more slender midsection.
- BodyTite: BodyTite is a minimally invasive body counting experience that reduces fat and tightens the skin. It harnesses the usage of radiofrequency (RF) to heat and liquefy fat stored underneath the skin. Simultaneously, the heat generated increases collagen production to provide a skin tightening effect on the skin.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is another body contouring that slims down the upper arms, abdomen, thighs, and back by suctioning out localized fat cells from the body. As a result, patients can look forward to a leaner, optimized body.
Cost of a Brazilian Butt Lift in San Antonio
Pricing for your Brazilian butt lift is personalized to fit your unique concerns. Your condition, the amount of fat removed, and any complementary treatments will influence your final costs. Interested candidates will get a breakdown of anticipated costs and information on financial assistance programs at their consultation.
How long will my BBL results last?
combine healthy dieting and exercise together. This is because significant weight changes may impact the fat cells placed in the body. Fat cells expand during weight gain and shrink as weight is lost. This variability is why it is important to maintain a healthy, stable weight.
- Abu-Ghname, A., Perdanasari, A. T., & Reece, E. M. (2019). Principles and Applications of Fat Grafting in Plastic Surgery. Seminars in Plastic Surgery, 33(03), 147–154. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1693438
- O’Neill, R. C., Abu-Ghname, A., Davis, M. J., Chamata, E., Rammos, C. K., & Winocour, S. J. (2020). The Role of Fat Grafting in Buttock Augmentation. Seminars in Plastic Surgery, 34(01), 038–046. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-3401038
- Thomas A Pane. (2019). Experience With High-Volume Buttock Fat Transfer: A Report of 137 Cases, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 39, Issue 5, May 2019, Pages 526–532, https://doi.org/10.1093/asj/sjy191