No matter the age, most of us feel young at heart! But when we look in the mirror, we cringe as we see new wrinkles, age spots, thinner skin, and cheeks that were once plump and full beginning to droop! We’re also bothered by jowls and loose skin around and under our necks! It just doesn’t seem fair, but it is the result of aging, and there is no cure! A well-performed Facelift, however, can turn the clock back for most of us…men and women.
Why Undergo a Facelift?
When you look good, you feel good! Facelifts help counteract the signs of aging by tightening muscles, removing fat, and trimming excess skin, giving your face a fresher, more youthful look. With today’s advanced Facelift procedures, you will not have the “Joan Rivers” pulled skin look. Instead, the result will be a more natural, refreshed and rested appearance. Known as rhytidectomies (literally the “removal of wrinkles”), Facelifts rejuvenate the upper and mid- to lower face and neck.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
The best candidates for Facelifts are men and women with:
- A sagging mid-face
- Deep creases, folds or wrinkles under and around the eyes
- Deep creases between the nose and mouth (nasolabial folds)
- Drooping cheeks and lips
- Loose skin and fat under the chin and jaw
- Jowls that obscure the jawline
Patients on blood thinners and those who smoke or use nicotine are not good candidates for Facelifts because of blood flow problems. Evoke, a non-invasive procedure may be the solution for you!
What is the First Step?
First, call 210-499-5900 and make an appointment with Dr. Koneru to share the concerns you have about your face and neck, and to let him know the changes you would like to see. During your initial consultation, Dr. Koneru will discuss your cosmetic goals in detail, and he will let you know if you need a full Facelift, a mid-Facelift, a neck lift or if other less invasive procedures will do. You may also have a chance to see the expected outcome through a 3D Imaging Simulator. At every stage of the process,
Dr. Koneru explains what he plans to do to ensure you get “the look” you expect.
What Does Facelift Surgery Involve?
Dr. Koneru usually performs Facelifts using general anesthesia in the Surgery Center or hospital. The procedure can take anywhere from two to eight hours depending on what is needed. The Facelift procedure varies from patient to patient, depending on facial structure and the extent of corrections and changes desired. Some may be treated as an outpatient procedure, and some may require an overnight stay.
The three most common Facelift surgeries are:
- The traditional Facelift: Intended to rejuvenate the face, jowls, and neck, including fat sculpting, lifting and repositioning of muscles and deeper tissues, and skin trimming and redraping. The incision begins at the temples and travels down to the front of the ear, around the earlobe, and behind the ear to the lower scalp at the hairline. Sometimes, another incision is made under the chin.
- Mid-Facelift: For those who do not require a full Facelift, Dr. Koneru uses surgery techniques to rejuvenate the skin around the eyes and mouth, including the nasolabial folds and other deep creases and wrinkles. Short incisions are made at the temples, and possibly, in the lower eyelids and/or in the mouth as well. Sometimes Dr. Koneru will use the Endotine, a device designed to help secure the lift.
- Neck lift: A neck lift concentrates on jowls, loose skin around the neck, and fat under the chin. The incision may be just under the chin, or behind the ear to make them almost invisible.
With all three procedures, stitches are used to close the incisions. Dr. Koneru makes every attempt to hide the scars in the hairline or in the natural contours of the face.
Is there Pain and Downtime?
The recovery varies with the exact procedure done. Most patients take at least one week off from work and some as long as two weeks. The affected areas may be bruised for as long as two weeks, and swelling can last a little longer. After surgery, there may be drains and dressings that will be removed soon after surgery. Dr. Koneru will prescribe pain medication as needed for a more comfortable recovery period.
What Results Can I Expect from my Facelift?
Facelifts can produce a dramatic improvement in the appearance of patients who suffer from the signs of aging mentioned above. Unfortunately, Facelifts do not stop or cure aging. The signs of aging will gradually reappear, but usually, it takes about 10 years before another Facelift is needed. Dr. Koneru strives to provide you with natural results that will make you look refreshed.
Does Insurance Cover Facelift Surgery?
Facelift Surgery is a cosmetic, elective procedure. For this reason, most Healthcare Insurance Companies do not cover this type of surgery and we will not file for insurance coverage for this procedure.
Interested in Looking Younger, Refreshed and Rejuvenated?
Call 210-499-5900 for an Appointment and a Consultation!
Persons who choose to have a Facelift also considered a Neck Lift, Pixel8-RF, or Brow Lift