If you’re considering body contouring in San Antonio, visit the skilled and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Suresh Koneru.
The obesity epidemic across the United States means that more and more people are turning to bariatric – or weight loss – surgery, to lose large amounts of weight and lower their Body Mass Index (BMI). While bariatric surgery has enabled many individuals to meet their BMI goals and develop healthier lives, the resulting weight loss can often lead to an excess of slack skin. Skin and tissue that have been severely stretched is left unsupported, often lacking the elasticity to shrink back to the reduced body size.
With body contouring in San Antonio, Dr. Koneru can rearrange and excise this surplus tissue for both cosmetic and functional purposes. Aesthetically speaking, large surface areas of skin hanging off a conversely small frame could be considered just as unsightly as the taut surface of a morbidly obese individual. Body contouring can correct the cosmetic problems associated with massive weight loss such as:
- Sagging and loose upper arms
- Dropping, flattened breasts with downward-pointing nipples
- An abdominal area that extends around the sides and into the lower back area, resulting in an apron-like overhang
- Sagging buttocks, groin, and thighs that cause hanging pockets of skin
Body contouring in San Antonio can also reduce the discomfort and practical difficulties of excess skin, such as frequent chafing, possible skin infections, and excessive irritation. It also improves hygiene, as moisture can be trapped between flaps of loose skin, creating an ideal breeding ground for bacteria.
Body contouring after major weight loss improves the shape and tone of your underlying supportive tissue and removes excess sagging fat and skin. The result is a more normal body appearance with smoother contours. This is the final phase of your total weight loss experience.
Dr. Koneru also offers a number of other procedures in body contouring in San Antonio, including:
- A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, flattens and shapes the abdomen and waist by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. Learn more about a tummy tuck in San Antonio, TX.
- BodyTite is a minimally invasive procedure that not only reduces fat but tightens skin. It is a great procedure for maximizing the amount of skin tightening while also reducing the volume of fat.
- Liposuction is a minimally invasive body contouring procedure that suctions localized fat cells from the body, in order to slim and smooth areas that have been unresponsive to diet and exercise. Learn more about liposuction in San Antonio.
To complete your weight loss experience and enhance your figure with body contouring in San Antonio, please contact our offices to book a consultation with Dr. Koneru today.